Friday, August 23, 2013

Opening Weekend at La Salle

It's hard to believe that it's been 10 years since my first days at La Salle as a freshman. What is even more crazy is that I've been working at La Salle now for four years. It's pretty great getting to work and have a connection like no other to that place. I met some of my best friends while having the time of my life and got to do so many great things during those fantastic four years.

What's even more crazy, is that I've been out of high school 10 years. Things certainly have changed...except for the fact that I still fall asleep at night looking at the same glow-in-the-dark star spotted ceiling that I looked at when I was eight. So, things didn't go the way I thought they would...if you asked me 10 years ago where I'd be today or what I would be doing, it wouldn't be how life is today.

I imagined I'd be married, moved out and settled into a career involved with the music industry by 28 years old. But I'm back at my college alma mater, working a job that I like with people I like...doesn't sound so bad. One of the coolest things in my life happened this year, getting to travel with the La Salle men's basketball team on its trip to the Sweet Sixteen. Nothing is more motivating or gives you a sense of pride than seeing all the hard work pay off with a successful basketball season. It was definitely a highlight of not only my career at La Salle but definitely one of those life experiences that I'll always have. I will always be able to say "I was there when we beat three nationally ranked teams in the NCAA Tournament."

So even though things didn't necessary go as planned in life, there's no other team I would rather cheer for and no other college I would rather be working at.

Last night we welcomed the newest class to La Salle and I got to meet a chunk of them at the annual Stadium Jam event for freshman. We shared info on the student fan section, the Explorer Entourage, and tried to get some students to sign up for spirit team try-outs.




Go Explorers! #NeverStop







No comments:

Post a Comment