Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Luke Bryan Keeps The Momentum With "Crash My Party"

It sure has been a good year for Luke Bryan. He's coming off rave reviews for Spring Break...Here For The Party and is the reigning ACM Entertainer of the Year, so it's no wonder there was so much pressure in creating a hit-making fourth album. And if you ask me, Crash My Party has more hits than misses.



If you're expecting an album full of weepy ballads or up-tempo countrified dance hits, you won't get that. If you want an album about drinking beer on the tailgate, southern summer nights or sweet tunes that spark a sense of nostalgia...then this album is for you. There isn't any real direction or poignant theme, other than getting the sense of partying with country music's good boy. Kenny Chesney has the beach, Zac Brown Band has the southern Mumford & Sons vibe, Taylor has the teenage angst angle...I digress...and Luke has the guy-next-door, let's have a fun time while I wear tight jeans and shake my tushy for all the ladies. At least that is how I view Luke's musical style.

He's got a solid amount of drinking songs on the album, heck two of them have beer in the title. "That's My Kind Of Night," the lead-off single, is my least favorite song...too much pop and not enough twang, although I'm sure the radio will love it. Same goes for "Play It Again." This is sure to be a single...it almost reminds me of Taylor Swift's "Our Song." Possibly the biggest hit from the album has already been on the radio most of the summer, "Crash My Party" is this album's meal ticket for sure.

Luke is out on tour with Florida Georgia Line and Thompson Square...they hit the Allentown Fair at the end of the month. I'll be at the show, so expect a posting about that show.







No comments:

Post a Comment